Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pierced Drawings

Pierced Drawing No. 1
.
19 x 26".  Pastel and ink on paper.  The first in a series of ten drawings of piercings.
.
.
  Pierced Pear
.
.
14 x 20". Watercolor, aquarelle and colored pencils, pastel.  The last of a series of ten drawings with piercings.  I don't know what inspired me to do the first few pierced drawings nor have I thought of anything clever to say about them post production.  Toward the end of the series I started poking the stainless steel ball piercing into anything sitting around simply for the absurdity and ended up with the Pierced Pear 
.
.
"I just don't want to die without a few scars, I say. It's nothing any more to have a beautiful stock body. You see those cars that are completely stock cherry, right out of a dealer's showroom in 1955, I always think, what a waste."  Tyler Durden (Chuck Palahniuk), Fight Club





No comments:

Post a Comment